Wednesday, March 20, 2019

What's In Your Tackle Box? 3/20/2019

Good morning! Here we go again with another new day. I am drinking a hot cup of Door County Lighthouse Blend Coffee and headed to work. Let's take a moment to think.





I have started my Christmas shopping. I know it is early in the year and Christmas is not on many minds. I can't say that I am fond of shopping. So I do it early and enjoy Christmas instead of rushing off to shop. I do however need to purchase a gift for a fellow sportsman. This fella likes to fish. So off I went to the Sporting Goods store to browse. So many fishing lures to choose from. One advertisement for a lure stated " guaranteed to make them bite". I thought to myself now that's a bait to have.

Today I want us to think about this week. Someone will toss a "bait" our way this week. This bait is designed to get us to open our mouths and say something we later will wish we had not said. Their comment is one that would attract a response from us that is better left not responded to.

"People are like fish. Neither would get into trouble if they just kept their mouths shut."

Don't fall for the bait. Pray your answers through. Avoid the confrontation. Once the mouth opens and the words come out, there is no going back. Just like fish we go from Wednesday to the frying pan!

Who so keeps his mouth shut and minds his tongue keeps his soul from troubles. Proverbs 21:23

Have a great and blessed day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment