Saturday, March 23, 2019

Look For The Silver Lining 3/23/2019

Good Morning World!

It's Saturday morning in my part of the world, so I will have a little more time to write today. My cup was just filled with Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee and I just finished my prayers for dear friends and family who are hurting or in need. So now it is time to write.

Exodus 16:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 While Aaron was speaking to the whole Israelite community, they looked toward the desert, and there was the glory of the Lord appearing in the cloud.

I often spend time looking at cloud formations. They continually change and sometimes I see shapes that resemble things. I see clouds a a form of God's art work for my day. The clouds I want to speak of are the clouds of turmoil that come into every life from time to time.

Look for the silver lining in every cloud of strife and turmoil. Try to make it a habit. When you have found the silver lining hang on to it and keep focused on the good. Avoid moving the eyes of your heart back into the leaden gray of the middle.

Do not give into discouragement and despair no matter what. A discouraged soul is helpless. You are easy prey for the enemy and it is hard to resist the temptations that he sends your way. During times when you are consumed by the despair it is hard to prevail in prayer for others. Flee from these symptoms like you would flee from a rabid dog. And don't be slow about it, unless you want to keep the stench of defeat with you. Search out God's promises that you are loved and are not alone. Repeat them out loud.

The very minute you place your trust in God and turn away wholeheartedly from discouragement the Holy Spirit will sharpen your faith and breath in extra divine strength. We must purpose to point our souls and hearts to look upward and soar away like eagles from the despair that so greatly can consume us during seasons of trials. God is in every trial with us. We need to find the silver lining.

Lord I pray that I can continue to do this myself. Someone once said, you can't see the sunrise if you continue to look in the West. Change your point of view today. Look for God in the clouds of life.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment