Tuesday, March 26, 2019

When Should We Pray?

Good Morning,

I just woke up and I am in a rush today. But two things that cannot be rushed are my writing to all of you and my hot cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee.  So here's to you!

This is the last day that I we will be discussing prayer for awhile. But yesterday I promised that we would explore "When to pray".  Some people like scheduled prayer time and mornings seem to work best for me to do that. Others like to go in secret and pray at night. Neither is wrong and there really isn't a prescribed time for prayer. But here is my Biblical theory on this.

1. Christians have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us teaching us all things. I believe if we are Spirit filled, the Holy Spirit leads us to times of prayer throughout the day and night.

John 14:26 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

2 . So this supports my thinking that prayers should be kept simple. I have had the Holy Spirit lead me to pray in meetings for someone who just announced something prayer worthy. I silently say a short prayer on their behalf or ask them if I can pray with them after the meeting. Whichever way this happens it is brief and in the moment.

3. I believe we should pray about all things that could cause us to be anxious for ourselves or others.
 
Philippians 4:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

4. I believe we should be ready to pray 24/7 and as long as the Spirit leads us to pray. Which basically means that we should be people of prayer that will pray anytime and anywhere.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you

My friends now we know when to pray, how to pray, and why we pray. So there's one thing left to do and that is to pray.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment