Saturday, March 9, 2019

Women Of Influence Awards 3/9/2019

Good Morning World!

Saturday arrived right on time and I for one rejoice that it did. I just sat down with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and it is time for me to write.



I want to talk about my experience from last night. I dear friend of mine invited me to attend an awards dinner for Women Of Influence. It seems as if we share a few mutual friends, one of which was receiving and award for her accomplishments in Business, Government and Non-Profit organizations. I was delighted to hear that my friend was being recognized for her hard work within the community. It was a great dinner and the acceptance speeches were inspiring to say the least. Each women spoke unselfishly and you could just tell that each of them made their community and this world a better place by their work and dedication.

I was happy to say that I attended and left feeling good . It was great seeing some old friends and making some new ones. I am very proud of the lady who thought to invite me and sponsor me being there. Her own story is one of courage and strength. Once she knew that our friend would be honored she reached out to me and asked me to be her guest.

The fine woman receiving her award last night is someone I worked with at a medical center for many years. She is a true leader, deserving recognition. We discussed some of our mutual accomplishments during our time of labor together. I really enjoyed my time at the event and I came away better for being there.

The whole evening made me think and as usual my feeble mind wandered while some of the many thank yous were given out to those who planned this very large event. I could not help but think about all the women who had an influence on my life. The list is large and kept me awake last night for quite some time.  I thought of the many women who impacted my life in a positive way. I thought about those who still have an impact on me. Mom, grandmothers, aunts, my sister, wife, daughter, teachers, cousins, friends and coworkers. I recalled one hospital administrator who taught me to eat the dessert first if possible at our business luncheons. Her reason for doing so is that not all business luncheons are pleasant. " You might as well walk away with some sweetness. So start withe the sweets before you lose your appetite." That was one wise woman.

I thought about my shoes for a second. If it weren't for my mother teaching me to tie my shoes I would have been wearing slip on shoes. There was a dedicated teacher that visited me in the hospital while I was laid up with an eye injury. Both eyes were covered and I could not keep up with my studies. She would read to me and record my answers. My work was turned in on time and somehow I  made it to the next grade.  I thought about all the women who have prayed for me and those who still do. These ladies had a huge influence on me, and they took time to do it. To have a positive influence on anyone takes time and a willingness to share. As I heard last night and could also relate to the women of influence in my life, everything they did was with an unselfish heart.

James 1:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

So today, ladies and gentlemen, recall those women who had positive influences on your life. If possible thank them for doing so. Most of all, thank God for sending them your way. All good things come from Him.

Have a wonderful day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment