Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Bust Out The Songs. Don't Be A Boar 3/5/2019

Good Morning World!

I woke up this morning to the aroma of Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee brewing in the kitchen. After some prayer I will head downstairs to pour myself a large travel mug and fill my insulated bottle with the same brew. Nothing like having another cup around 10:AM.


Psalm 81:1 King James Version (KJV)

81:1 Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.

I cannot really carry a tune very well at all. And when it comes to playing instruments the best I can do is play the radio. and even the radio is difficult for me. But there are just some times when I see God at work that He just makes me want to sing. I guess I identify with "making a joyful noise". You could say that my music abilities are about as good as the sound of a wild boar grunting down the trail



I want to challenge all of those people with musical talents to use them in service to God. If you can sing, sing in church or nursing homes. If you play an instrument, play in church or youth rallies, or nursing homes. We have pianists come to the hospital and play our grand piano on a daily basis. We receive many compliments from visitors, patients, and staff. They enjoy the music and in some instances I have heard that it soothed their worries or stress.

If you have talent, your talent was given to you by God. Don't waste it by not using it. That would be a sin. If you are talented enough, teach others to play. Don't take your gift to the grave without sharing it. A talent is something that you are instinctually born with that gives you unique skills and abilities. Talent is set apart from knowledge in that it is not a learned behavior, although it can be strengthened and practiced. The Bible tells us that we are all born with distinct talents and gifts that set us apart from each other. When you discover the talents that God has given you and you use them to glorify Him, you will experience a full life! Our loving Lord wants us to feel whole and complete, and it is through talents that we can find our unique calling in life!

1 Peter 4:10-11 New International Version (NIV)
10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Bust out the music my friends!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment