Friday, February 9, 2018

When The Night Is Long 2/9/2018

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Lingonberry Tart Coffee would go good right now but it's not going to happen today. Instead, I am pouring a little Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee. I ran out of the Lingonberry. I swore I had some more stored away.

Have you ever had one of those nights that just seemed like it would never end? Last night was one of those for me and I can tell you this, I can definitely wait for the next long night to come along. I had way too much on my mind and as hard as I tried, sleep just wasn't there. I prayed to God for some sleep but like a toddler in a crowded parking lot, it just escaped me time after time.

I prayed on and off and many of you who read this were prayed for. I have no idea why I could not sleep. So I got up and decided to accomplish something. I wrote my next sermon which I will preach on the 17th of February. It was then that I discovered why I was awake. The thoughts just seemed to roll onto the paper. God for some reason wanted those thoughts written down last night. Once I was done with my work. I fell asleep for an hour and woke up somewhat refreshed. I was going to question God as to why this was so important when He spoke.

Isaiah 55:8-9 New International Version (NIV)
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Once I heard that message, I knew that only God knows what my week will be like next week. Only God knows what the 17th will be like. I needed to trust and obey. Obviously this will be for the good of His Kingdom and for my own good. We will have to wait and see why God denied that sleep. I trust that He is protecting me for something or preparing me for something. The what, we will have to wait to find out. God is good! all the time!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment