Saturday, February 10, 2018

Rest Relaxation, Family And God 2/10/2018

Good Morning,

I find myself without my usual cup of Door County Coffee today. Rene and I are taking a short weekend away from our normal routine and traveling with coffee did not work.



Back at home our dog Gibbs and our house are in good hands with our nephew Nick and we are taking some time to visit our grandson Dominic at school in Atlanta Georgia. What does this  have to do with inspiring all of you? Let me try to explain.

I have been burning the candle at both ends again and I am tired, beyond tired. I need some rest. But most importantly we haven' seen the youngest grand kid in a year due to schedules and school changes. Dom is in school pursuing a military career after high school and visiting isn't always on the school's schedule either.

When this grandpa announced that it was more than time for us to visit, the family wheels kicked in. Our daughter verified a date that we could visit and remove Dom from school for a weekend. She found us a place to stay, Grandma made arrangements for us both to be off from work yesterday. Our nephew jumped in and said "I have the house and Gibbs covered". And I forgot to mention I enlisted some prayerful friends to pray and make sure this weekend would happen.

Yesterday in the Midwest 1000's of flights were canceled due to a snow storm. When I checked the flight status at 4:AM I expected to at least see our flight delayed. When I looked out the window of the house I saw fresh piles of frozen fluff on the ground. But the flight status was ON TIME!

We drove in four wheel drive all the way to the airport and still expected a delay. The airport had dozens of trucks clearing snow off of the runways and it was still snowing. Our status was still ON TIME. Despite the mess outside that plane took off de-iced ON TIME.

The three of us were united by 4:PM and the fun has begun. I am writing now and the other two are sound asleep. The fun and nonsense went pretty late. This weekend will go too quickly but the cadet will be with the grandparents , steak and pizza are on the menu and all three of us will be better because of the hand of God.

Did I mention that we prayed about this trip.?Yes God allowed a snow storm to come in. But only God could have gotten that plane up in the air ON TIME yesterday.

Philippians 4:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Friends, when a plan comes to mind, it is time to start the prayer process. Not later but right at the moment of thought conception if not before hand. I have been praying about this for a few months. God knew my heart and decided to jump in and then show me some of His power. What a day!!!
Pray my friends, pray!

Love to all,

Marty

2 comments: