Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Walk With God 2/7/2018

Good Morning,

Where did the night go? It seemed to fly by faster than I could sleep. Now I understand what my mother meant when she said "sleep fast". I can smell the Door County Vanilla Crème Brulee' Coffee brewing in the kitchen. First I will write and then make my way to my morning java.



Roy Lessin wrote " A man who walks with God is always moving in the right direction".

In today's times of doubt and fear there are those who are unsure which direction to take in every decision. They become frozen when it comes to making a choice in anything. The world seems to confuse them. But on the other hand we see those who despite the storms of life seem to be navigating through this world much easier or to say it this way "better".

I find that those who seem to have all the sails on their ship of life full of air and sailing through storms are those who have chosen to make God Number One in their lives. Through faith they accept and claim the promises of God. Here are some of those promises.

Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Psalm 73:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
 
Psalm 23:2-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
 

They do not walk alone. They walk with God and they know they can count on Him to carry them when times are tough.
 
Romans 8:31 New King James Version (NKJV)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

 
God allows us to call on Him to lead us. He will, but we must obey the directions and submit to His leadership. We fail to do this when we start to rely on our own thoughts and do not take time to consult with God. We rush a decision and then live to regret it, just because we want to trust our own ego or instincts instead of relying on God to lead.
 
Today, choose this day who you will serve, you or God.
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment