Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Life Without Prayer 2/8/2018

Good Morning,

I pray that all who read this today are well physically and spiritually. I wish my table was big enough to invite all the readers to come and join me for breakfast and for a cup of Door County White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce Coffee. That's a big dream of mine.



I will get right to it. Can you imagine trying to build a relationship with God without prayer? I once heard a preacher say that prayer is the God given right of each Christian to call on God for themselves or for others. Prayer is a lifeline for Christians. Yet some people will go for weeks, months or years with a weak prayer life. To some, prayer is like an after thought to the day. I see this as dining well on rich foods and then going for antacid tablets because you are miserable. Why wait for misery to turn to prayer? Why don't we call on Him before we lose our way? Why don't we count our blessings during our prayer time?

I can't imagine a life without prayer. Some of my best times were spent in prayer to God and then listening for the answer. Prayer is the one thing that cannot ever be taken away from a person. That just proves how important God thinks prayer is.

2 Chronicles 7:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Jeremiah 29:13 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Food for thought. Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment