Sunday, February 11, 2018

Pizza And The Kid 2/11/2018

Good Morning,

One more day without some Door County Coffee, but tomorrow morning will be different. I write today with joy and some agony.



Rene and I were able to spend the weekend with our grandson Dominic and later today we will fly home and he will be back to his school routine. The visit was awesome, but I don't look forward to the goodbye at the school. Saying goodbye is always a heartbreak.

Last night the three of us went for some pizza as we have done for many years. My mind started to wander back to the time when I referred to Dominick as the "Little Crapper" and how that little guy would smile while eating his pepperoni pizza. I recalled a cruise we were on and how he and I would sneak out of the cabin and eat pizza for breakfast. I will never forget doing that.

During our dinner last night I watched a 17 year old attack a pizza and garlic bread and all of a sudden this muscled six footer was a little boy again. I wondered where the years have gone and if he would remember the things we as grandparents have taught him. We started making plans for a return trip and we are already looking forward to it.

Deuteronomy 4:9   Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children

So how does my story impact you? Here is the thought for the day. Spend as much time as you can with those grandchildren. They grow up too fast and before you know it you  too are different. You grow old and the energy level just isn't the same. We talked about God and will attend the church Dominic found tomorrow. He really likes this church. So yes we have our God in common and for as long as possible we will have pizza in common. You do have an impact on those kids and it is important that you do so. They never really grow up because you never quit being a grandparent.


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment