Monday, February 5, 2018

That Would Have Hurt 2/5/2018

Good Morning,
Took a little extra time to sit and enjoy my coffee. The coffee seems to taste better when you are not rushed. Very thankful for a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.



Yesterday the National Football League played the Super Bowl and sometimes Super Bowl Sunday is like a national holiday in the United States. Where I live we also were receiving a few inches of snow. This made it perfect for all the arm chair quarterbacks to get out there and play a pick up game of football. My phone rang and an old friend of mine was inviting me to play in one of the games at the local park. Now it tempted me for about 20 seconds and then sanity kicked in. My two knees that are on the verge of being replaced would have lasted about one or two plays. My glory days are over. I am in no shape to play football anymore. Instead, I spent some time reading my Bible after I finished shoveling snow. While reading I was reminded that as I used to practice for long hours playing football in my younger days. Now I need to spend more time reading God's Word in order to become all that God would desire from me. Just like practice for football.

 As much as I study God's Word even at my age I need to study more. Below is Scripture that should motivate us to study more. We should all be in a Bible study with others. We can learn from others and we need to share what we have learned when the call is made and you are thrown into the Super Bowl of God's work. You see that Super Bowl, is God working in other peoples lives and He has called you to carry the ball. I have  a pretty good (God ) game but got stopped short of the goal line on a couple of carries God had for me. I need to stay in Spiritual shape.
      

2 Timothy 3:14-17                    

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.  Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 119:11                   

I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

2 Timothy 2:15                   

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Joshua 1:8                   

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Proverbs 3:1-2               

My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.

I wonder if God is ready to drop kick me through a heavenly goal post when I can't find Bible verses  I am looking for?

Hey Friends,

Have a wonderful day. Make every day a run for the end zone.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment