Thursday, January 4, 2018

Wrestling With The Pig 1/4/2018

Good Morning,

Where did the night go? It seems like I just laid my head on the pillow a few minutes ago, when it was actually six hours earlier. It's already time for a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and a bowl of oatmeal.



I once had a little wrestling match with a large hog as a dare. Let me tell you this. For sure, that hog was not clean. I ended up filthy and smelled even worse. I also made the mistake of volunteering to wrestle with a black bear in my younger days during a sports show in Milwaukee. You learned not to poke the bear and the drool from that monster could soon fill up a human ear. Once again the smell was atrocious. In both wrestling matches I lost to a much stronger and absolutely more odoriferous
beast. The sporting matches really did nothing to improve me either. It was a complete waste of time and energy and caused a few bruised ribs. The only value is that I can write about it this morning.

So here is the message for today. Some battles or arguments just aren't worth the effort. In many instances they just lower you to fighting with the pig. You end up dirty and smell from your own anger. You didn't gain anything and actually lost part of your self esteem and dignity by taking part in a useless battle that was better left avoided.

2 Timothy 2:14      
                              
Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.                                       
2 Timothy 2:24      
 
The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
                                                                
Philippians 2:14      
 
Do all things without grumbling or disputing;                                         
Proverbs 15:1       
A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.


The pig was not going to be moved, and well, that bear could wrestle and was bent on squashing this guy. I still compare some people to the beasts I battled and although God loves them, it is sometimes best to avoid them, and especially refrain from battles that lead to no good.

So, wrestle with this one for the day. Love to all.

Marty

3 comments: