Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Psalm 23 A Few Thoughts 1/10/18

Good Morning,

I will be taking my wife for a small hand surgery today so we are up very early and will be running off to the hospital in a hurry. I will have just enough time to drink a cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and eat a banana. Busy, busy, busy.

Last night I took some time to read Psalm 23. We were reading it earlier in Men's Bible Study and God laid on my heart to read it again later. I decided to take the Psalm and make it my prayer for today. I hope you will join me.


The Lord the Shepherd of His People

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; Yes You are. I love you for being a Shepherd to me.
I shall not want. I really lack for nothing. You meet all of my needs.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; I enjoy when you lead me to rest.
He leads me beside the still waters. You don't let me drown in the world's issues.
He restores my soul; Each day You give me hope.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness Thank You for your Guidance.
For His name’s sake. Your name is holy.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, You defeated the sting of death for me.
I will fear no evil; Evil cannot harm me. It cannot rob me of Your love.
For You are with me; I am never alone.
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Even though You correct me I know it is for my own good.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; I can live with You watching over me.
You anoint my head with oil; I am Yours and You are with me.
My cup runs over. I cannot number all of my blessings.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life; They already do.
And I will dwell  in the house of the Lord
Forever. And you will lead me home.


God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment