Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Flu Bug. The Best Day Of My Life 1/21/2018

Good Morning,

Today I find myself moving slow and under the weather. My Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee was served extra hot and it not only tastes good but it feels good. It seems that as hard as I worked to avoid this flu bug, it found me.



I have been given plenty of  "cures" from my friends and family who mean well. I have used each one. I think this illness just needs to run it's course which means I need to give it time. The fight for health will include juices and rest.

One bonus to this time when I am laid the flat is that I have more time for reflection and prayer. As I write I can hear the soft music from my radio and the tune brought to mind our daughter and my wife. I prayed for both of them. I started to let my mind wander to the day Kristy was born. It was a snowy day and extremely cold. I remember going home from the hospital. I said to myself that "this has to be the best day of my life". I remember saying the same thing on a September day 1000 years ago when Rene and I were married. "This has to be the best day of my life." On July 7th 1981 Jesus found me and I invited Him into my life. That night was called the " best night of my life". That night made the other two days even more special. I now could see others through God's eyes.

I have had a lot of wonderful days in my life but those three are the standouts. I have one more day to look forward to some day. It will be the day that I take my last breath on Earth and am welcomed into heaven by Jesus. I do long to see the face and touch the hand of the One who died for me. I don't know the day, but I know this for sure. it will be the "best day of my life".

John 14:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

The memories I had today are priceless and so I guess this flu bug has an upside.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment