Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tried To Think And Nothing Happened 1/9/2018

Good Morning,

This week is beyond busy for us and I just can't imagine it any busier. So as I await the Door County Cherry Crème Coffee to finish brewing I will pray and write.



In the last three days I have found my mind dwelling and processing at least forty different ideas and things I need to do this week. It is as if my brain has shutdown and just does not want to process anymore thoughts. I am sure  that a few of you have been in this situation also. Brain overload which leads to being super tired and stressed hits us all.  I tried to just process the grocery shopping last night and was working out the better deal on a product and I could not figure it out. It just was a little too much at the end of the day.

I have had days like this before and in order to survive the brain drain I need to slow down, rest a little and pick my battles. I need to place my thought process in the hands of God and have Him direct my steps. In order to do that I need to shut myself down a little and pass on to God my concerns and have Him direct my thoughts and the decisions I make.

Psalm 46:10New International Version (NIV)
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
 
 
Then I need to trust Him to lead me in the right decisions and pathways.

Proverbs 3:6New King James Version (NKJV)
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

Basically when we are having a brain drain day we need to stop and look up, wait, listen and then obey. Sounds simple, but we are all reluctant to give over the controls to God. Cemetery's  are full of people who stressed to much. Don't be too proud to give up.

So, look to lighten the load by trusting in God to direct your choices and lead the way.

God bless.

Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment