Friday, January 12, 2018

No Place Like Home 1/12/2018

I am missing my cup of Door County Coffee this morning. But prayer is always the same so a little more prayer today and less coffee.



I had to travel to Northern Michigan to close on the sale of our Dad's home. It is about five and a half hours away from my home. Although this area is very familiar to me and has many memories I find myself wishing I was home. The motel I am staying in is very nice and I always can find a good meal at a restaurant,  but I would rather be home. There is is no place like home. I will be a little restless until I get there. Sometimes I get a little restless when I am in our house too.

Dear friends if you find yourself feeling like this now and then there is a simple explanation. We weren't made to stay here forever. Heaven is the final destination for Christians. We are just passing through.

Hebrews 13:14New Living Translation (NLT)
14 For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come


The explanation is simple, the destination beautiful and if I am going to day dream today it will be about heaven.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment