Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The New Snow Blower Of Forgiveness 1/16/2018

Good Morning,

The Door County Christmas Coffee is finished brewing and my mug is awaiting the first pour of the day. I think I will stop at two cups today and share the rest of it with a friend or two.



Yesterday we received our first real measurable snowfall. The lack of snow is like a winter drought for us. But it came and I was able to pull the new snow blower out of the garage and that big mamoo moved some snow in a quick hurry. The snow we received could be considered the                  "maiden voyage"for this machine. There is just something very peaceful about a cold night, the roar of a hot engine and a man on a mission.

But what does that have to do with an inspirational blog? Here you go. The snow had accumulated all day and needed to be taken care of when I came home around 8.PM. I considered leaving it for tomorrow but I know that with more snow coming I would have a big project come Tuesday night. The smart thing to do was not to procrastinate and take care of business last night and then take care of whatever the weather brings for today. Why? because I don't know what today will bring. I do know that I was afforded enough time to do what I had to do last night.

There is some snow in all of our lives. The snow of life is the inability to apologize for our wronging someone else. We feel uncomfortable about approaching them so we wait and then, we wait some more. The person waiting on an apology starts to freeze up toward us like unremoved snow will ice up. Once we have an icy mess it is hard to remove.  For some the ice isn't removed in time and that person moves away or can even pass away. We don't know the future and we took for granted that we have more time. But when we wait we run the risk of losing the chance to apologize. We need to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, without procrastination.

Proverbs 27:1 

Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth.

An act that needs to be done, and is not done, is a sin.

James 4:17New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

So get out there and clean off some snow covered and icy hearts today. Don't wait.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment