Monday, January 29, 2018

German Chocolate Cake Coffee And Reassurance From God 1/29/2018

Good Morning,

Dear Friends let's embrace this day with enthusiasm that only God can lead us to. I just awoke to my first cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. What a taste!!!



Psalm 118: 1-8 New International Version (NIV)
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; Yes He is.
    his love endures forever. Yes it does.
Let Israel say:
    “His love endures forever.” Yes it does. he loves even me.
Let the house of Aaron say:
    “His love endures forever.”It will never end and it is mine.
Let those who fear the Lord say:
    “His love endures forever.” Fear of the Lord is true wisdom.
When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;
    he brought me into a spacious place. He has rescued me many times.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me? Whatever happens in life it is not permanent.
The Lord is with me; he is my helper. Imagine the Almighty as our helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies. I see the end and evil does not win.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in humans. I trust You with my life eternally.

Every now and then even the strongest of Christians needs encouragement. In my goal this week to have God speak to us through the Psalms I wanted to read something that tells me how God loves me, how much and for how long.  Psalm 118 and God were happy to oblige. It was sweeet reading and helped to put the lid on a restful weekend.. Try to answer each statement in verses 1-8 like I did, but take time to recall the good things God has done for you. When He has calmed your fears. Recall when He served as a Helper to you. Then say Amen and know that His love endures with us forever.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment