Sunday, September 10, 2017

Worry Always Shows On The Face Of My Wife 9/10/2017

Good Morning,

Oh if everyone could have even half of the peace that I found this morning out in the back yard of our home today they would be doing well. My steaming mug of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee is next to me and our dog is busy chasing birds around the yard. The birds are winning and I believe they like to annoy him. This game of chase amuses me immensely.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12New International Version (NIV)
Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Normally my wife likes to sleep in a little longer than she did today. I was surprised and then I wasn't surprised to see her out of bed at dawns early light. She is very quiet this morning and she is somewhat glued to the television although she is busy with small chores at the same time. Her mind seems to be miles and miles away right now, and it is. Our daughter and other family members live in the path of a hurricane that is bearing down on them. So my better half has a somber demeanor about her today. Now and then she looks over at me and I can see her thoughts on her face. They aren't here right now, they are in Florida.



Rene is used to having me take charge and seek out God and then follow His plan. We are 1300 miles away. I did seek out God and there isn't one thing we can do except to keep praying and wait and see what happens. Then if needed, we can respond.

This time is hard on her and as she put it. "The waiting is tough, but not as hard as what they are going through down there". No doubt about it, the Mrs. has a case of the worries. I too, am concerned and will let her keep me up on the news. I will be praying with her and by myself today. We will draw on strength from the Lord and from being together. I know my Florida family will do the same. They will be in prayer, draw on strength from the Lord and from each other. They will be a team and work together.

The other thing that I will do is to be thankful today for having a spouse that I can go through these things with. We share in the good and the bad times of life. My job today is to help carry her through this time of waiting and worry. Whether you have a spouse or not, learn to be a good family member, or to be a great friend. Be there for others. You are at times the messenger from God who brings support in the storms of life. Share a word of Scripture with them. Openly pray with them. Let them draw on your strength as well as you may need to draw on their strength. Be patient with each other and remember God has wired us all differently and we all respond to strife the way we were wired. I need to remind Rene that Jesus is out in that storm and He knows her worries. He is the third cord in the strand for the Family.

God bless,

Marty



2 comments:

  1. Standing with you in prayer for our families!!!
    In Christ's love,
    Ryan and Malinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy and the gang are hunkered down pretty well. The fear I have is that my Aunt might lose it all. Hasn't looked good.

      Delete