Thursday, September 14, 2017

Eat Your Frog Early 9/14/2017

Good Morning,

The old kitchen is spewing forth the call for me to come and get my cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee. I really like this new flavor that they came up with and I can picture some of it with some bacon and eggs this coming Saturday.



How many of us have a chore that we just plain hate to do? I for one love the warmth of a fire place but I can't stand cleaning out the ashes. Or how about the conversation you need to have with someone and you know they aren't going to like it? I also do not like filling up the car with gasoline. I wait until it's almost empty and then my wife takes it and gets it filled up. This in turn causes her to not make popcorn. I suffer for my procrastinating.

We all have things that need to be done and we work very hard to avoid doing them. I for one believe I have had the measles 5 times and it causes me not to clean the fire place. But if I want to be warm and enjoy our living room in January I need to get it done. Waiting will just make it more of a chore. If I would do it in the morning , I could enjoy a fire all day. My procrastinating robs me of a nice warm fire all day long.

No one likes to swallow a live frog. But the frogs in our life that we continually avoid, don't go away.  We need to eat that frog early, get it done, and move on.

God has something to say about procrastination.

Proverbs 20:4English Standard Version (ESV)
The sluggard does not plow in the autumn;
    he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

We all pay dearly when we procrastinate. We waste time and cause harm to our self and others. If you are a terminal or perpetual procrastinator and always wait to be forced into action or then rush through the object of your procrastination, admit it. Once you admit it, make a to do list, and  put it in a public place. Every time you do not eat your frog, put a predetermined dollar amount into a jar and then donate your money to a charity. Ask God to show you how to improve. If after a month you do not see an improvement, double the dollar amount. When you are eating bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches without the bacon, you will work to improve.

Don't wait. Get on it.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment