Saturday, September 9, 2017

Nothing Like A Fool Who Trusts Himself 9/9/2017

Good Morning,

I count it a blessing to wake up and have both feet hit the floor. 20 steps away I can hear the caffeine dispenser brewing a pot of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee. The coffee is always placed in a mug with a picture on it and today the picture reminds me of my wife who went to work this morning at the medical center hours ago. The picture hangs on our wall and is now on a coffee mug. Rene and I have always liked biscuits and we have made thousands for mission fund raising at church. The frame is from and old biscuit jar found in an antique shop. She repurposed the lid and now it has her and her favorite Dough Boy inside!



Enough biscuit talk, let's take a look at what God has to say about trust and a fool.

The Who we are to trust is simple. We need to place our trust in God, His unending abilities, wisdom, and love.

God's Plan   Jeremiah 17:7-8New King James Version (NKJV)
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit


God's View Of The Fool   Proverbs 28:26New King James Version (NKJV)
26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.
 
 
God's Plan   Psalm 56:3New International Version (NIV)
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.


God's View Of The Fool   Ecclesiastes 10:1-3New International Version (NIV)

10 As dead flies give perfume a bad smell,
    so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
    but the heart of the fool to the left.
Even as fools walk along the road,
    they lack sense
    and show everyone how stupid they are.


God's Plan For Wise Counsel    Proverbs 11:14New International Version (NIV)
14 For lack of guidance a nation falls,
    but victory is won through many advisers.
 

God's View Of The Fool Who Does Not Listen  Proverbs 12:15New International Version (NIV)
15 The way of fools seems right to them,
    but the wise listen to advice. 
 
 
God put both of my feet on the floor today. He gives me each breath. When I think of Him creating everything and the fact that I cannot grow a tomato without His blessing, I ask myself who should I trust? God or my own plans? Who gave me the ability to dig a hole? Who gave me the ability to earn money to purchase land? As for me and my house we will trust in God and His wisdom. 

Have a great day!
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment