Tuesday, September 5, 2017

God Breathed Love Notes 9/5/2017

Good Morning,

Tuesday arrived right on time and I am playing catch up today. What a nice three day weekend it was. A little hunting, a little gutter cleaning, a little apple picking, a little salsa was made and frozen and all the squash was picked cooked and frozen. I just poured my Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and I am ready to write.



2 Timothy 3:16-17New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Each day I look forward to reading my Bible and feasting on the Word of God. I consider that time to be very private and most often just time spent with God and me. I believe the Bible is totally relevant for today and the future. I believe it is the main way that God speaks to us. The Holy spirit illuminates the Word for us and teaches us through it.

For me, the Bible is a way of life and is most precious. There is not one thing contained in Scripture that I do not believe. Having a Bible and not using is like leaving a candle unlit on a dark night.

I consider it important to state my beliefs now and then just to let the many readers who just stumble onto this blog by looking up a subject, know exactly where I stand. I am old school and still read a paper Bible. I have the ability to use a computer for assisting me in my writing, but when I want to communicate with God, I sit down, with a pen nearby, open my tattered old Bible and read. I write notes down in a journal, If I believe God is speaking to me. Those notes are precious and will be  handed down some day to those I leave behind. I consider them love notes from God. They are personal and yet they can be shared some day.

Have you set aside some time to read your Bible today. I hope so.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment