Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Don't Be Afraid To Work 9/27/2017

Good Morning,

Happy Anniversary to the lady who allows me to call her Hon. I raise my cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee to my better half.



I am continuing to finish out this month with Godly principles for life. This is my quest to keep things simple. I for one come from a long line of hard working men. I have tried to fill those shoes to the best of my ability hoping that my ancestors would be proud of me. Those ancestors who I actually knew always seemed to work harder than those around them. I was always proud to say that they belonged to my family. The sun went down many times on their labor and they earned their sleep. I discovered as a young boy that if I wanted to be warm the firewood needed to be split.

I have watched people work very hard at getting out of work. The effort they put into avoiding work is more labor than the actual work. I see some folks who expect a bigger pay check, yet they still can't get my burger order correct. God has simple principles for work. Work for your pay. Do it to honor Him. And whatever you do, do it right.

2 Thessalonians 3:10-11New King James Version (NKJV)
10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.
 
Colossians 3:23English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

Proverbs 14:23English Standard Version (ESV)
23 In all toil there is profit,
    but mere talk tends only to poverty.
 
 
1 Timothy 5:8English Standard Version (ESV)
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 
 
 
It is plain to see that God expects us to work if we are able. He has no use for laziness. You wouldn't find Him hanging around the coffee pot when there is work to be done. He does however require us to observe the Sabbath and keep it Holy. So yes, God does ask us to rest. He made us so that we get tired. He allows us to sleep. But He expects us to work and represent His name by being people worthy of our wage. 
 
 
Simple, simple, simple.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment