Monday, September 11, 2017

Waiting Through The Night 9/11/2017

Good Morning,

Monday arrived, right on time and I for one was looking forward to the morning. The aroma coming from the kitchen tells me that the Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee has perked and it is waiting for me to pour my first cup.



Last night before I went to bed I took a look at the weather news coming from Florida. Rene and I have family there as well as many other people do. Not much had changed since I looked at 6PM.
I was hoping to see some improvement. There wasn't much to smile about.

This morning finds me looking for a signal from our family that they are ok. So, last night was a long one for those in the storm and a long one for those of us waiting to hear from them. About 1AM while in prayer God spoke to me through a Psalm.

Psalm 127:2

It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
 
I was reminded that I am not the One who moves storms and if God wants to move it He can. If He doesn't, I still need to trust in Him. It was vain for me to sit up late and worry. I had prayed many times yesterday and God said that if I placed my trust in Him, His desire for me was to sleep. I prayed once more and when signing off on my prayer said "Your Will Be Done Lord". I fell asleep and now I am waiting for good or bad news from the family. Whatever God has led us to, He will lead us through it.
 
I followed my own advice last night and spent time at the feet of God and poured out my heart. Once I had done all that I could do, a sense of peace that surpassed all understanding came over me. It was as if my heart had been resurrected. Because Jesus lives we can face today and we can face tomorrow.
 
If the path is long and it seems darkest before dawn, run to the Lord and then find rest for your hearts in His presence. God loves you.
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment