Sunday, September 3, 2017

Spread A Little Kindness Today 9/3/2017

Good Morning,

Two toasted English Muffins are on a plate next to me and on my other side is a large cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee in one of my favorite cups. From where I sit, my view of the sunrise is perfect. Our yard is cool and especially quiet. Nothing like sitting here and taking it all in.



I believe there is no other day like Sunday. It is the day that the Lord considers holy and is to be a day of rest. God, family, and friends should be on the top of our list and in that order. I find myself in prayer for a family member who requested it yesterday. It is a pleasure to pray for others and a distinct honor to be called on to do so. It is probably why it is so quiet. I can concentrate on my prayer time.

Today when churches open their doors, undoubtedly someone will be walking in who has had a tough go of it last week for one reason or another. They are looking to heal spiritually. Their soul needs soothing. On the other hand you might be going to be fed spiritually hoping to hear a message that will carry you on during the week.  Have you ever considered this? Maybe God has you there not to be fed, but to feed His sheep.  That one person who had a rough time, needs a word of encouragement, or just a kind word of "Hey I am glad you are here. Good to see you. God loves you and so do I" are just a sample of greetings that can be used to help. Maybe God lays on your heart a little more. "Let's have a coffee after church?"

This day is 24 hours long and will be filled with opportunities to express kindness. You are the vessel that God wants to use. A thank you note left on the table for the one who has made 52 Sunday dinners and really needs to be appreciated is an example of you being a blessing.

I attend church on Saturday nights and do the preaching for our service. Last night before the service my good friend met with me and prayed. He knew I had something on my mind and he came to "be a friend". I can tell you that he did not feel good and was sunburned looked like an over ripe tomato. But he was there, not for himself, but to be a blessing.
Then as I walked out of the door to go home, one other guy came over, shook my hand and thanked me for a message that I thought was not the greatest. I left feeling better about my being there. The shepherd was fed and blessed.

You see friends, Sundays are important to God and we usually have a little more time on Sundays to be kind and show it.  Let's follow the example Jesus set in these next two verses from the Bible.

John 4:34New International Version (NIV)
34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Matthew 20:28-29New Century Version (NCV)
28 In the same way, the Son of Man did not come to be served. He came to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many people.”

So remember this for today and maybe everyday. Put others first, before yourself at all times. God has given you a ministry of love to others.

Have a blessed day.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. This applies during the week as well. Some thoughts are Bible studies or other functions and events.

    ReplyDelete