Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Prayer Is A Lens Changer 9/6/2017

Good Morning,

I began my day with a cup of Door County Maple Coffee and prayer. I will be headed to work soon and will be at it for a long time today. I have the huge blessing to be able to go to a great place to work, but most of all I work with nice people.

1 Timothy 2:8New International Version (NIV)
Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

My prayer today is for those who seem to be in the path of Hurricane Irma. I have family and friends in Florida and my thoughts and prayers will be with them through this storm. They are sturdy folks who are as tough as nails and will do all they can to make it go and also to assist others. They believe in sharing and prayer.



 I also have friends in Haiti who might get clipped by the same storm. These little Haitian orphans have little or nothing to begin with. They need our prayers as well as the rest of the countries in the path of this massive storm. Let's drop our pettiness for a few minutes and pray for those in the storm.

Let's also ask God to soften the hearts of those who desire war. Let's pray for those we see as enemies and have them look at us through God's eyes and for us to do the same. Maybe when we all look through the lens of God we will see people instead of enemies. Prayer is a lens changer.

Don't be the one who later says, we should have prayed. Prayer first at all times. Batten down the hatches and those of us not in danger more prayer please.

Food for thought. I'd rather pray ahead of time, than to wish I would have prayed a few days from now.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment