Friday, September 29, 2017

No Whining! 9/29/2017

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to all of us. We made it another week and the world is better for having you in it. My choice of my morning brew is Door County Maple Coffee. That's a good kick start to the day.

We picked the last of the tomatoes yesterday and I will need to make salsa this weekend. What a blessing those tomato bushes were this year. They will keep blessing us through the winter with all the sauces we were able to store.



Now making salsa or tomato sauce is not exactly my favorite chore. But I need to remember the prayer that was said over the garden and asked that it would be blessed by God. Now God answered our prayers, more than abundantly. We have actually been able to share of the bounty and still have more than enough for ourselves.

My point, God blessed and I felt like grumbling and whining about the large amount of tomatoes. Now how stupid is that? God blessed and I answered with a complaint. I basically insulted God and I am now ashamed. God expects more of His children.

Philippians 2:14-15New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
 
 
 We are a society that likes to complain. Nothing ever seems to be right with life. It's too hot. It's too cold. I wish it would snow. I hate shoveling snow". We never seem to be happy with what we have.
Not everyone is truly content with his or her life. Often times we are unsatisfied and seek more for what we don't have and who we are. Through scripture however, we are commanded to be content with all we have in life.
 
Philippians 4:12-13New Living Translation (NLT)
12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ,  who gives me strength.
 
We need to be grateful and take on all things without grumbling about it, especially blessings.
 
Have a great day!
 
Marty

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment