Saturday, September 2, 2017

One More Time 9/2/2017

Good Morning,

This day started long before dawn with a cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee, two peanut butter cookies and prayer.



This day brings to me the annual start of hunting season. Our goal was to get some geese. Hunting was slim pickings to say the least but for me the thrill was being out there with the best of friends and then watch my dog Gibbs retrieve a goose and bring it back to us.

Before the hunt started the six of us guys stood in the dark and prayed. We prayed for our families, our friends, our hunting safety but most of all our thanks went up for the nature God created. Our thankfulness encompassed the beauty of nature and the fact that we were together at least for one more time. None of us takes for granted the next season or even the next weekend.

Job 14:5English Standard Version (ESV)
Since his days are determined,
    and the number of his months is with you,
    and you have appointed his limits that he cannot pass,

There isn't one guy in that group who doesn't know that the number of our days is fashioned for us and that some day the circle will change. Each one of us as invited Jesus Christ into our lives to be our Lord and Savior. We know that someday we will say goodbye for now but, we will all gather together some day in heaven. I'll bet we gather by the river.

Some people ask me how I can get out of bed so early to hunt. Here's the answer. I spend time outside in the quiet and I can pray without being rushed. I am with guys that I will see forever. I watch trained dogs work like fine made watches. I see a lot of things in nature very early in the morning.

Who wouldn't want to be there? You never know when the last hunt will be the last hunt.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment