Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sounds Of The Morning, 4/2/2017

Good Morning,

I have already packed a lot into this morning. One big pan of Caribbean Stir Fry is complete. Freshly  steamed garlic spinach is cooling down right now. Cheese stuffed biscuits are on the cooling rack as I write and the smoked pork chops will be finished baking soon. Now it's time for some Door County Raspberry Sorbet Coffee and a trip to my trusted picnic table on the patio.

The weather temperature is crisp but warm enough with a heavy sweater to enjoy the sounds of the morning and write to all of you. My sidekick Springer Spaniel Gibbs is sitting at attention watching the world fly by. Life is good.



I love to listen to my portion of the world wake up. I remind you that from time to time I travel and my portion of the world on any given day can be different. To be real honest my favorite place to watch the world wake up is from a duck boat, in a marsh, on a river or tied down on a lake. But my second favorite is from our patio. So far I have heard the rumble and whistle of a train,. Robins are chirping. Doves are cooing quite loudly this fine morning. It must be love time for them. Two low flying geese honked at us as they went by. I think they were reminding us, that right now they could not be shot at. They gave us an "in your face fly by". They were joined soon after by some ducks that added a few quacks to the symphony we were listening to, brought to us by God.

What I see this morning is the sun trying to light my day from behind some ominous looking clouds. two rabbits scurried off when they saw Gibbs the "Yard Guard". I see spring buds enlarging on the trees and soon they will be blooming or leafing out.

What is most important is that I can see God in all of this beautiful morning symphony and play. He raises the sun. He created the birds and fowl. He made the timbers for the train tracks to rest on. He gave me life. He brings forth the buds on a tree. He fills the rivers and lakes.

When was the last time you went out early, just to sit, watch and listen? This time stills my heart, makes the coffee taste even better and assures me that what happens today, whatever it is, God is still with me wherever I go. He not only blessed me with this morning, He amused me at times. God is like a refreshing stream. He knew what I wanted to hear and He provided it all.

Lamentations 3:22-23English Standard Version (ESV)
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
 
I am getting a little too cool right now and it is time to head back in and refill my mug. But to all of you I pray for a good day, time with our Lord and peace beyond all measure.
 
Love,
 
Marty

2 comments: