Saturday, April 29, 2017

A Quick Affirmation. Psalm 23 4/29/2017

Good Morning,

My day started a long time ago while most of you were sleeping. I did however treat myself to an insulated bottle of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee to help me stay alert. Long, night at work.

Every now and then I read Psalm 23 and then use it as an affirmation of my faith and prayer life. Sometimes I write out the Psalm and my personal comments. I will share my own template with you.


Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, YES YOU ARE, I lack nothing. I AM BLESSED WITH FOOD AND SHELTER
    He makes me lie down in green pastures, I HAVE A NICE BED AND I AM RESTED
he leads me beside quiet waters, YOU DID NOT LET ME GET IN OVER MY HEAD TODAY
    he refreshes my soul. EVERY DAY
He guides me along the right paths I CALLED TO YOU AND YOU ANSWERED
    for his name’s sake. YOU DON"T LET YOUR CHILDREN DOWN
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me. I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IN DEATH. I AM SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies. EVERY MISSION TRIP I GO ON, YOU PROVIDE FOR MY NEEDS AND THE BEEDS OF OTHERS> SATAN HAS NEVER HARMED ME.
You anoint my head with oil; SATAN KNOWS I AM YOURS
    my cup overflows. I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life, AS LONG AS YOU LEAD ME I WILL FOLLOW
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever. HEAVEN IS AHEAD OF ME.
 
You can place all kinds of personal references within the text. As you read the Psalm and pray back your affirmations, you are telling God how much you love Him. Call it a love letter to God. It can end a self induced pity party pretty quick.
 
Have a great day.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment