Monday, April 10, 2017

A Mother's Heartache 4/10/2017

Good Morning,

I am not ready to embrace this day just yet. I am sure some prayer and Scripture will help. I think I will pour another cup of Door County Raspberry Sorbet Coffee and plan about how to get motivated.



Yesterday I was called by a friend to come to the local medical center.  Her daughter had been missing and was found. Just her being found was an answer to prayer. She had overdosed again on heroin and now faces some grave health issues. I arrived and later our Senior Pastor was also there. We were both perplexed as to what we would say or do. What God led me to do, was just to pray and read Scripture out loud to our misguided little lady.

I watched my friend and I could see the heartache within her, right on her face. I am sure there have been many sleepless nights and countless tears. We have been praying for this gal for many years and just when it seems like things are going in the right direction another stumble comes along and each one is worse than the last one.

I am sure there are many of you going through this now and at times I am sure it seems hopeless. I have copied some Scripture below for those times when you might be seeking comfort. Those times of heartache and pain, that seem overwhelming, when God is the Mender Of Broken Hearts, these might help you.

Psalm 34:17-20

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Isaiah 40:31

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Luke 1:37

For nothing will be impossible with God.”

James 5:13

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

Revelation 21:4

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

I hope you never need these verses, but if you do or someone else does, pull them out and use them. God's Word is good for the soul. It is the true chicken soup for the soul.


God bless. Pray for one another. Love you all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment