Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Dancing With Dumbo 4/25/2017

Good Morning,

Smiles everyone! This day started with prayer, some Icy Hot, and a huge cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee.



Maybe you have heard of "Dances With Wolves", So You Think You Can Dance", or "Dancing With The Stars. Now listen to a story "Dancing With Dumbo". I hope this will not be foreign to all of you. Last night Rene and I were watching Dancing With The Stars on ABC and we were amazed at some of the dance moves from the professional dancers as well as the contestants. Rene remarked "That's Awesome" during one of the dances where the contestants all did a cart wheel.  Not to be outdone, I unleashed my own dance moves during the next song. That does explain my need for Icy Hot and Ibuprofen. I could probably use a trip to Urgent care or a hospital for the insane. My attempt to jump over a chair landed short.

By now, those of you who know me are either shaking your heads in disbelief or disgust or laughing until it hurts. But here is the point, upon my one successful attempt at what could resemble a dance move, Rene and I were both laughing so hard that it hurt our sides. We laughed and laughed, on and off for about an hour. We had just completed some work earlier,  that was stressful and at times depressing. We completed it together, sharing in some sorrow. Later we needed to laugh, and laugh we did. Both of us have vowed to be the clown when the other one is sad. Last night we each fulfilled our vow.

Laughing does amazing things and it set me into a mood for quiet time and prayer.  When was the last time you laughed with someone or by yourself? As I write this to you all, I have a smile on my face, sore ribs and I am still laughing a little. You need laughter as medicine for the soul.

Job 8:21 “He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.”

I think that this is a great verse, because it declares that it is the Lord that fills our mouths with laughter. He rejoices over us and blesses us in every way possible. It makes me think of an important sporting event where everyone is cheering on their favorite team, and that is the kind of joy and shouting that the Lord gives us. He fills our lips with laughter, so that we can face every obstacle and challenge with hope and excitement.
 
Enjoy your day. I hope you dance!
 
Marty


2 comments:

  1. Did Rene get a video of your dancing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But she should have. We could have been on America's Funniest Home Videos.

      Delete