Friday, April 7, 2017

Hushabye, Don't You Cry 4/7/2017

Good Morning,

Friday at last as arrived to my door. I will celebrate the morning with a mug of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee and a biscuit.

Zephaniah 3:17New International Version (NIV)
17 The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.”
 
 

I don't remember my mother rocking me as a baby in the chair, but I do recall her holding my brother and rocking him gently, singing lullabies to him. If he was fussing, the rocking chair and the soft music would have him snoring in a few minutes. I recall some of the songs she sang. One of my favorites was "Jesus Loves Me". I believe that many of you ladies out there have spent a few hours in the rocking chair. You comforted your children with cuddles and songs. When my brother was ill, Mom stayed in that chair for as long as it took to comfort and hold him.

I believe that God has big lap and when I sit in my rocker listening to old hymns and I fall asleep, I fall asleep in the arms of God. Many of the old hymns are filled with scripture and are soothing to a troubled soul. You can stay as long as you need to. God never tires from giving us comfort and spending time with us.

I am a grown man, but every now and then I need to crawl onto that big lap and rest for awhile. I listen to His Word through recordings and music. Many times I wake up a few hours later, calm and rested.

Miss the rocking chair of love today? Slow down, listen to some hymns of praise and read your Bible. Dust off the rocking chair and spend some time on the lap of God.

By the way. Have a great weekend!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment