Monday, April 24, 2017

Down To The River To Pray

Good Morning,

I just filled my mug with Door County Turtles In A Cup Coffee and I packed a biscuit for later. Tonight I will be trying to make a new salad with the main feature being water melon. One can only hope it turns out and tastes good.

One of my favorite spots to duck hunt is on a river about 25 miles South of our home. I have been known to go and hunt there by myself. I love to sit by that river, just me and our dog. I find myself having some of my beast prayer times all alone by the river. The moving water reminds me of how refreshing water can be and how we all depend on it. It reminds me that we are to be like water in a parched land. We should be nourishing and refreshing to those in need of cheer and the peace of Jesus.

Isaiah 32:2Living Bible (TLB)
He will shelter Israel from the storm and wind. He will refresh her as a river in the desert and as the cooling shadow of a mighty rock within a hot and weary land.

I also think of Jesus approaching John the Baptist to be baptized at the river and how pleased the Father was with His Son. The river reminds me to try to be like Jesus. Some of you reading this were prayed for at this river. The sound of the water running over the rocks is like music to my heart. That sound reminds me that there will be a river in heaven.

One of my favorite tunes by Alison Krauss is "Down To The River To Pray". I often hum a few bars while praying.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY You can copy and paste this link to your browser. The video is beautiful.





Where is your river? Where do you do your best praying? Shouldn't you go there soon?

God Bless,

Marty



 



 


mmmmmmmm

2 comments: