Thursday, April 13, 2017

Pineapple Burgers And A Smile 4/13/2017

Good Morning,

I hope this finds all of you with a heart full of love. I chose today to make a pot of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee and I can smell it brewing from the den.

I believe a sincere smile goes a long way in changing the mood or attitude of the person smiling and the one who is receiving a smile.

"The act of smiling activates neural messaging that benefits your health and happiness. ... The feel good neurotransmitters dopamine, endorphins and serotonin are all released when a smile flashes across your face as well (4). This not only relaxes your body, but it can lower your heart rate and blood pressure. Jun 25, 2012"       There's Magic In Your Smile | Psychology Today

 

When I look at the health benefits of smiling and there are several other articles on smiling, I can't help but want to start taking care of myself by being sincerely happy and showing it.

Now on the other hand I received a smile yesterday that made me feel a lot better about myself and my day. I do most of the cooking in our home and enjoy doing so. My wife Rene enjoys her burgers. I decided that I would grill a couple for us and the burgers would be topped with her favorite condiments. I grilled slices of pineapple, and placed maple cheese on the burger and melted it, just before serving them. Once in the house I topped the burger with the pineapple and placed the tomato on our plates.

We prayed and started to eat. I looked over at Rene and a big smile greeted me, with a little ketchup on the lip. "Thank you Hon, these are great". I found myself smiling and laughing together. Receiving a smile from someone we love is actually better than watermelon at a summer picnic. Her smile made a rough day less painless. I was glad to be home.

A smile is also biblical.  

Proverbs 15:13-15New International Version (NIV)
13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful,
    but heartache crushes the spirit.
14 The discerning heart seeks knowledge,
    but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.
15 All the days of the oppressed are wretched,    but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.
 
So put a smile on your face. Be healthier and make someone else's day!
 
God Bless,
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment