Monday, April 17, 2017

Setting Your Eyes Upon God 4/17/2017

Good Morning,

This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I will also start this day with a large mug of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. I was only away for two days and that was too long! It's good to be home, with my wife, dog and coffee pot.



Isaiah 26:3New International Version (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.

In order to be successful while duck hunting I need to keep my eyes set on the water and the sky above. Many times I have just taken my eyes off of the water and sky before me and within the blink of an eye, ducks flew through my decoys. When I do splash down a duck, and my dog does not see it go down, he needs to take directions from me. I use hand signals and a whistle to direct him. If he does not pay attention to my directions he will launch into the water and swim a long way for nothing.

I don't know what is going on in your life today. But some of you will face mountains of issues to climb. Some might be facing giant health problems or emotional stress beyond belief. These issues swagger and strut into your life. They seek to dominate you and cause you to give up. I face these things like anyone else does. A church elder is not immune from the world. But I do know what God's Word says on how to face these "Moving Mountains".

Don't face them without God. Pray up, hard and long.

Ephesians 6:18New King James Version (NKJV)
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Don't let Satan convince you that he always wins. He has no dominance over you.

1 John 4:4New King James Version (NKJV)
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Don't forget to ask for wisdom and directions from God. Once the directions are received, don't waver from them.

James 1:5New King James Version (NKJV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.


Lastly, you do not run on your own power. Count on Jesus for help. Humbly accept the help.

Philippians 4:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My dog is a small English Springer Spaniel. When he listens to me and pays attention he can launch blindly into the water and retrieve a duck he hasn't seen. Many times this takes him into weeds or cattails beyond my sight. But he has learned to trust me to blow the whistle and bring him back if he is a little worried or lost. When we trust God and follow directions, keeping in contact with Him through constant prayer, we grow to trust Him more and more. Our giants don't seem so large anymore.

You can do it too. Trust in God and do not lean on yourself. If He brought you to it, He will see you through it.

God Bless,

Marty

1 comment: