Sunday, June 1, 2014

Enjoying The Quiet 6/1/2014

Sunday Morning and it started with a cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee. Let me say to all, good morning and God bless.

Earlier in the week I promised that I would post a picture of a chair that was re-purposed from trash to useful. It took a little more work than I thought it was going to take to get it just right for my wife.
I was up and out of bed before the sunrise this morning. With my coffee in hand, Gibbs (Our Bird Terrorist English Springer Spaniel) and I went outside to watch the sun come up and enjoy the quiet.

Last night after our Saturday evening church service we held our monthly prayer service. It was great and many people were prayed for as well as many righteous causes. I enjoy the prayer service.

But what I also enjoy is the quiet time outside watching this two year old dog chase birds through the yard. I swear those birds just wait for him to come out and play hide and seek. I enjoy the quiet time spent outside. This morning I reflected on the prayer requests of last night. I couldn't recall any that were spoken of that were for the people who gathered to pray. These prayer warriors were lifting up requests and interceding for others. The prayer service lasted about and hour and a half. The warriors gave up their time to pray for others.
Charles Spurgeon said, “All the Christian virtues are locked up in the word prayer.”

One of the main tasks of the Christian is prayer, to have direct communion with God
.

Sitting in the dim light of an early sunrise with the world quiet around me let me have time to think. If I have any Saturday nights left in me I want to make sure that on at least one Saturday a month I allow myself the luxury of spending time in prayer with people like the ones who gathered last night.

It was a special time. God then gave me a peaceful setting this morning to relive the prayer experience in our yard. I realized that I don’t pray enough and I don’t pray very well. Yet prayer is so important. Indeed, every revival comes on the heels of prayer. For instance, God poured out the Holy Spirit at Pentecost after His new church was on its knees together for 10 days. And later, “When they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit” Acts 4:31 NKJV. We need to pray more as a church and in our own lives.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment