Sunday, June 15, 2014

Our Father Who Art In Heaven.6/15/2014

Good Morning,

Coffee outside on the patio on our trusty picnic table. What a great way to start my day. My coffee of choice this morning is Door County Red Velvet Mocha. My wife and our grandson are both still sleeping, our Springer Spaniel Gibbs is sitting right next to me forever watching the sky for that first sign of fall. It is Father's Day here in America.  I sit back and reflect and  I am thankful for the hard working man I call Dad.  My brother and his boys are visiting him today and I will see him in a couple weeks. I look forward to that time. Our grandson will be with me and the three generations will share in a few days of fishing.

The prayer that Jesus gave us is called the Our Father. In the title for today I just wrote the first part of the opening statement. The second part of the opening verse is Hallowed Be Thy Name.

I am pretty sure that I cannot do written justice to those statements at all. First of all Jesus gave them to us. What could be added? Secondly they stand out alone as two of the most loving verses in the Bible.

The fact Christians can say "Our Father" at all is amazing. This right of adoption into God's family was paid for by suffering and love that surpasses all understanding. The next point is "Who Art In Heaven". Who doesn't want to see their Dad? This means that  we have a trip ahead of us and the family will be there. God will only take us to the best place. But then comes the "Hallowed Be Thy Name". We are reminded of Who loves us. Our Father is Holy, and deserves to be called in the most affectionate names. As we chew on that today, we are reminded how many times the name of God is abused and used in vain. When this is done by us or others it is speaking slander and malice toward our Loving Father. So as you observe Fathers Day today remember our Heavenly Father desires to be loved, respected and obeyed. That's all He asks for. So if you haven't sent a card yet and you really can't just open your mouth and say. Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

It has instant delivery and is never late.

God bless,
Marty

1 comment: