Saturday, June 7, 2014

God Completes What He Starts 6/7/2014

Good Morning,

This comes to you from Door County Wisconsin today. Of course I am drinking some Door County Coffee Company " Breakfast Blend" given to me by our host on a bright sunny morning. I can't wait until I hit the coffee shop and pick up a good supply of Cherry Crème Coffee and a bowl of baked oatmeal.

This morning I want to encourage all of us. We all have personality traits that annoy us and others. We don't like the way we act or handle certain situations. These traits often cause issues within the family, at work, church, or with friends. They raise their ugly heads and cause chaos, hurt, fear and disappointment.

One thing I do know for sure is that if we are serious about "self improvement" we have a resource that doesn't quit on us until the job is done. I have to say that for some of us these battles might last a life time. But they do not have to plague us that long.

There are a few simple steps to "self improvement Xanadu."

First admit you have a problem with a personal trait and come to God and ask for help.
1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV)
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
 
 Secondly you have as a Christian the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Now here's the question. Are you a Christian? Have you received Jesus Christ by faith into your heart and experienced the forgiveness of your sins through his death, burial, and resurrection? If not do so by praying and inviting Jesus to come in.
 
John 1 10-13 (NKJV)
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own,[c] and His own[d] did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
 
Romans 10:13 (NKJV)
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”[a 
 
Now we can move on. If you just asked Jesus into your hear I rejoice with Heaven for you.
 
You now have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you giving you the power and help to overcome your issues. He will remind you that your trait is starting to show and that there is a better path to take.
 
Ezekiel 36:27              
"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
 
I have seen immediate changes within people and then there are some that it seems to take a long time. But here's hope for everyone. God does not quit and He sees it through to completion
Philippians 1  (NKJV)
 
Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ,
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops[a] and deacons:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

We are not in our struggle alone. God will provide accountability partners if we ask him to. I believe that is the third step if you are serious about changing.
Why go another day, month or year not liking the "you that you are"? If it needs to go, now can be the day.

God bless,
Marty
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment