Thursday, June 12, 2014

And The Kid Grows Older 6/12/2014

Good Morning,

Door County Highlander Grog is in the coffee mug today. It is a cold rainy day in Wisconsin. Last night it was so cold that the fireplace needed to be fired up for warmth.


We picked up our grandson at the airport last night. He is visiting for and extended period this summer. He comes from Florida, so to say the least this climate change has been brutal for him. We are looking forward to some fun time with him. Dominick is 13 years old now and stands taller than me. I guess that I  can't call him "Little Crapper" anymore. It wasn't long after we were home that Grandma had him on a project helping her to hang curtains. He found the tools and started in on the project with Grandma as the supervisor.

I wanted so bad to jump in and help, but in all honesty they did not need me. The boy has picked up some skills and was proud to put them to use. I remember the first bird house we made together when he was a little boy. There was more paint on him than on the bird house.

So, to see him tackle a job that most men struggle with made this old man feel pretty good. I will be taking him out and teaching him to shoot his new shot gun this weekend. I wonder how long it will be before he can out shoot me at clay targets?

Here's what I have to say. Young people, if you have a skill use it. Develop new ones and don't be afraid of trying new things.

1 Timothy 4:12(NIV)

12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment