Sunday, June 8, 2014

Visiting A Church 6/8/2014

Good Morning,

May your Sabbath be blessed, quiet, and restful. I am starting this day off right with a big cup or two of Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee.

My wife and I are taking some time to rest in one of the most peaceful spots in the world, Door County Wisconsin. We will head home after church. Our plan is to attend church in Ephraim Wisconsin with friends and then go home.

I like to attend church while away from home for two reasons. I want to gather with other believers and worship. I also want to relax and listen to someone else. I always hear God speak when I have time to listen and enjoy a message from an anointed Pastor.  Vacation can be some of the best church experiences you might ever have. God knows you will be there for one Sunday only, maybe two. This message might be just for you. Take advantage of the get away. You might be one who serves in your church all the time for others and your worship time is cut short. God might have something special for you on your day of rest.


1 Kings 19:11-13

New King James Version (NKJV)

God’s Revelation to Elijah

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.
13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Have a great day. I am looking forward to being part of an experience that God has planned for us. Listen hard.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty, I am always blessed when I take time to read what is on your heart. Thank you for your service, and your heart-d

    ReplyDelete