Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pizza The Common Thread 6/25/2014

Good Morning,

I find myself in a small cabin in Upper Michigan without any Door County Coffee today. But if I was able to make a pot it would be Door County Cherry Crème. I am enjoying some time with my Dad and grandson. My first thoughts were of prayer for  friends of mine who are out on short term mission trips. Two in South America, one in Haiti and one in Pennsylvania. My prayers are with you this day. Hopefully our agenda will be to haul some fire wood home for Grandpa and then practice some clay target shooting with our shot guns. I know one thing for sure dodging mosquitos will be number one on the agenda. Oh my they are bad here!



My Dad will be 82 this year. I am 57 years old and my grandson is a whopping 13. All three of us carry pocket knives, all three actually wear our pants pulled up and none of us have piercings. All three of us like to hunt. So except for the generation gap in age, we have a lot in common.

Last night we went out to eat to a supper club on a big lake. This club makes pizza that is excellent to say the least. All three of us had our fill of pizza before going off to watch a baseball game on television. But while dining I noticed that there were other tables also eating pizza. They too had many years of difference in age sitting at their tables. Everyone seemed happy to be eating pizza.

My thought is this. We have the techno age group. We have the good fortune of still having some of the folks raised during the great depression, and then us baby boomers. Here's an example of one difference that I noted. All three of us have cell phones. One never turns it on. "It is for emergencies only." One of us turns it on and uses it but has no idea what half of the applications are for. The last one has a cell phone also, and knows what all the applications are for and needs them just to figure out what 25% of our bill was so we can leave a tip. The other two had it figured out in their heads.

But all three of us agreed that the pizza was great. We really enjoyed our time last night. So here is the key. Pizza is a common thread that can be used to have generations get together for the good of learning from one another. The table then becomes a comfortable place to talk about anything including our Lord. Yes we discussed a little church and the Lord last night over pizza. I believe God gave us pizza as a tool to be used for good. Praise the Lord and pass the pizza!

Acts 2:39
"For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself

Ok, find the best pizza place and enjoy a night of conversation. Pizza will be the bridge to any age gap. Jesus will be the dessert.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment