Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ketchup and Fries 6/19/2014

Good Morning,

Thursday and I can see Friday just over the top of my glasses. My coffee this morning is Door County Red Velvet Mocha. It has been a tough couple of days in our area of the world. Severe storms tore apart the Midwest the last two days.

So last night we pampered ourselves with some frozen custard at one of the local emporiums. While we were munching on our frozen treats I could not help but watch a toddler across from us eating away on a bag of French fries. He had his own unique style. He would dip his fingers into the ketchup and then pick up some fries and eat them. Besides being amusing to us, I found that he was very proud of his technique and quite satisfied with life.

I got to thinking about his style. I said to myself, " who says that the little guy is wrong"? It seems to work for him and he would rather dip his fingers than his fries. At the moment all that mattered to him were his fries and ketchup. He had no idea what a war was, our what it meant to go to work, he hadn't broken up with a girlfriend yet. He had no idea what abortion is, murder or rape.

I paused and looked up and prayed for that kid. "Lord I do not know his name, but please spare him from seeing the ugly side of life."

You know if we all thought like a little child wouldn't the world be just a little easier to stomach? We would just sit down eat our fries, share some, and down a Coke. Is that too much to ask?

Matthew 18:2-4

New International Version (NIV)
He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Have a great day. Be a kid.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment