Friday, June 6, 2014

Walking Away 6/6/2014

Good Morning,

It is Friday and I knew there was something I always loved about Thursdays. They are just a day ahead of Friday. My coffee is hot and tasty. This morning my flavor of choice is Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee.

Well yesterday was a highlight. I finished a project that started 9 months ago in a small town in Wisconsin. One of the hospitals in our system needed help and I was asked to go. Yesterday as we finished up and the big inspection was passed with flying colors, it was time to head home and take care of business at the new hospital I have been assigned to.

When this project started a group of my friends and relatives started to pray for me and the project. Many times last winter I would call them in a snow storm asking for more prayer as I tried to make it home. Many, many times the two hour trip would take four to five hours because of road conditions.

When the inspector called today and said he would be there in the afternoon afternoon, I was two hours away. Again my friends prayed and I arrived in the parking lot just as he showed up.

When all was finished there were big smiles on everyone's face as I left. We had accomplished a goal together. ( Maybe they were just happy to see me leave). We thanked each other and I walked away to the parking lot. I looked over my shoulder at the sun setting in the West. I felt empty. I remembered who I had forgotten to thank. I stopped and looked up, remembered all those who prayed for me, and the One who answered their prayers. I spoke out loud and said. "Thank You Father God. You brought me through this storm". I then knew the job was complete.

Psalm 7:17

I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.

Have a great weekend. God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment