Saturday, June 21, 2014

Spicy Hot Wings 6/21/2014

Good Morning,

Saturday is here and time for an extra coffee this morning. My flavor today is Door Count Peanut Butter Crunch. I will be meeting with a dear old friend today to shoot some clay targets. I am looking forward to the time.




Last night for supper we made a little bit of everything that all three of us might like to eat. I mentioned before that our Grandson Dominick is here for an extended visit. He really likes chicken wings. So for his third of the supper we cooked up some buffalo hot wings. From across the room I could smell that they were pretty spicy. But in the interest of being a team player I downed a couple myself. I think that sweat running from my face proved to him that the spices were hot enough. Dom ate a plateful and at this time I am still chewing Tums. There was a time in life when the food was never spicy enough for me. But as I get older just a little dash of pepper is enough.

I have to admit that I can't eat the things I used to. I have to become more disciplined to say no to these spicy foods that cause discomfort.

Great thing about the Bible. There is a verse for every cause or issue. The story above is true. The lesson is this. Seek out all answers for life in the Bible.

Proverbs 23:2         
And put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite.

Now that is a severe answer!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment