Monday, June 23, 2014

Cleaning the Car 6/23/2019

Good Morning,

Monday again and it will be a very busy day. It was a very nice weekend and my coffee today is a salute to next weekend. I am drinking Door County Hazelnut Crème. One does have to set personal goals. Next Saturday our church will participate in a sporting clay competition with four other churches. We all look forward to the fellowship and just a little "smack talk" among friends.

Yesterday afternoon the weather was kind enough to let me clean the car. I had help from my able bodied number one grandson. The foggy weather along Lake Michigan cancelled our outing to the Milwaukee Air and Water Show. But it was better to the West.

Well my Jeep really needed a cleaning from top to bottom. Time constraints being what they are hadn't allowed me to really clean that monster since hunting season. We found plenty of feathers and some muck left over from one of the many marshes we trod in October and November. I really had let this go too long. I could tell exactly what my grandson was thinking. " And you tell me to clean my room"??????

We all need to take time to set good examples. On this one, I missed the boat. I knew we were in trouble when he asked "does this thing have back seats?" Young eyes are upon us at all times.  I need to do better on this one. Teach them right. We only have one chance.

Titus 2:7 (NIV)

In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness

Hey the Jeep smells good now! God Bless your day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment