Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beautiful Rest 6/26/2014

Good Morning,

I must learn to pack coffee along when I travel. I will have some coffee later with breakfast. I wish I had packed some Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee for this morning.

Genesis 2: 2-3 “And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.”

Exodus 33:14 “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

I will be the first one to admit that I do keep a hectic schedule. But for the past couple days I have been at rest. I have been blessed to be able to work for an employer that gives us personal time to use for vacations. I was able to take three days off this week and it allowed me to spend time with our grandson and also visit my dad in Michigan. It's been three days of early to bed after some great meals and sleeping in just a little bit. I am a creature of habit and am an early riser. But these last couple of days found me grabbing an extra hour of sleep in the morning. I will say that after this extra rest I do feel pretty good and have recharged a little. Our pace for activity has been slow. I will return to work tomorrow and the pace will pick up. But I know this I will think about this rest and the good it has done. I will be looking forward to the next one.

Friends, God has designed us in such a way that we can go a long time on short sleep, perform long hours of labor and make a difference by doing so. He has also designed us to need sleep and rest. This is a gift that God has given us. During my down time I actually found that I can spend a little more time in prayer with God. There are two benefits rolled into rest. Rest and God.

Take some time, enjoy a nap. Drink a slow cup of coffee. Watch the sun go down. Miss the sunrise once!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment