Thursday, April 18, 2013

True Worship 4/18/2013

Good Morning Dear Friends,

I am starting today with a hot cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee. I woke up and needed a strong cup to go.

This past weekend I spent three days in Atlanta renewing my Mission Trip Leader Training. What I will remember the most was not the particulars of the safety rules, financial policies, or the team building activities.
What I will remember for a long time was the worship sessions. At my age (old) I was in the minority. So I wasn't expecting too much from the worship leader in the skinny jeans. But was I wrong. The majority (20-30 year olds) knew how to worship. The worship leader led them in new songs and old worship hymns. The Holy Spirit was in control. I watched as everyone including myself dropped the "self" and concentrated on God in our worship. The wonderful song leader and musician could have been playing the kazoo and no one would have cared. They were there to worship and love others.
It was so good I hated to see it end.
When was the last time you worshipped the Great the Father God like that? Has it been too long? I noticed one thing more. They were all happy. Including me! The old guy!!!!!!

So what do you say? Let's drop the self in church and come to worship God. The music will be just fine, the message just fine, and you will see others as "just fine folks".

 True Worship

Psalms 8:1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.
Psalms 29:2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.
Psalms 95:6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!
Psalms 99:5 Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he!
John 4:21-24 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Have a great day!
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment