Tuesday, April 23, 2013

God does not sleep. 4/23/2013

Good Morning,

I am starting my day with some Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. That should put some get up in my go!

This past weekend I awoke in the middle of the night and started to praise God. Praising God in the middle of the night? Yes. I awoke and knew I was never alone. God reminded me at 2 AM of His great love for me.

Here is what I remember of the night. My mind did wander to the creation of man. I was reminded how God breathed life into the first man.

Genesis 2:7 (NKJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

While contemplating that, I realized that God still breathes life into each of us with every breath we take. What amazed me as I praised Him was that while I slept God does not. He gives me every breath I take 24 hours a day.

Psalm 121:3 (NIV)
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
 
Then, while I sleep God thinks about me and has plans for me. All this while I sleep!

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

 
I went back to sleep feeling loved and secure in my faith. My love for God overflowed and I slept with a rest that I have not had in a long time.
 
Dear Friends I pray that God is the last one you think of before you sleep and the first one you greet in the morning or in the middle of the night.
 
Have a wonderful day.
Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment