Monday, April 29, 2013

Going My Way 4/29/2013

Good Morning.
Where did the weekend go? I am starting my Monday (very early) and I have a travel cup filled with Door County Coconut Crush Coffee.

I have used the expression a few times in my life. "Going My Way"?. Sometimes it is just an attempt at starting a conversation with someone. Many people you meet each day are actually headed in the same direction as you. We usually exchange pleasantries with others. ( If not, you should). Good morning, how are you? Most responses are "fine, yourself"? Do we really mean what we say? What if someone stopped and said "I am terrible and I found out yesterday that I have three months to live. Would we stop and spend more time with that person? Would we add them to our prayer list? Would we go out of our way to make them a meal and take care of them?

We are all very busy and we usually use that as an excuse. Jesus was busy and tired too but He took time to have compassion every chance He had.
Mark 6:34 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things.


Matthew 14:14 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

I know I fall short in this area and, instead of constantly looking to show love, I often will give in to a love of self instead of a love for others. Maybe you too can identify with that thought. We try to show compassion like Jesus did but it doesn’t always come easy.

So to be compassionate one needs to practice compassion. I believe Webster has it wrong in the dictionary. Compassion should be a verb not a noun.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment